Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Optimize your building designs with BIM
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an intelligent 3D model-based process that provides insight for creating and managing projects faster, more economically, and with less environmental impact.
BIM tools allow you to easily create designs with intelligent objects using a comprehensive portfolio of industry-leading software for building projects.
- Autodesk BIM solutions for the building industry are based on models created with Autodesk© Revit© software —including solutions for architecture; structural engineering; and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering.
- Complementing these core BIM products is Autodesk’s broad portfolio of applications that expand the power of BIM, including AutoCAD© software for documentation and professional drafting, Autodesk© Navisworks© for collaboration and design, and Autodesk© Ecotect© Analysis for energy modeling and analysis.
- Autodesk design suites provide comprehensive industry solutions for both CAD and BIM workflows in one flexible, cost-effective package.
Projects are becoming increasingly complex. Manage and share data – such as design, materials, schedules, budgets, and compliance — across diverse and distributed teams.
New technologies are changing what’s possible. Autodesk BIM solutions take full advantage of powerful technical innovations, including reality capture, cloud computing, and mobile access.
BIM is rapidly transforming the global AEC industry. Autodesk is the recognized global BIM leader and, along with training, support, and a global community of experienced users, can help AEC professionals improve the way they work.
Autodesk solutions take full advantage of the rich information in the intelligent 3D models.
- Easily create designs with intelligent objects.
- Keep documentation accurate no matter how many times the design changes.
- Simulate real-world appearance, performance, and cost.
- Improve team collaboration and more easily manage project data across extended teams and external partners.
- Win work and build stakeholder approval more easily using powerful visualizations.
- Find and reduce costly design conflicts virtually before construction begins.
- Optimize the use of energy, water, materials and land with integrated, accurate energy and environmental analysis.
- Study multiple design alternatives earlier in the process to make better- informed decisions.
- Monitor, manage, and improve performance using intelligent 3D models.
Five Fallacies of BIM (439)
This white paper examines the most common misconceptions about BIM and why they aren’t true. For firms considering a move to building information modeling, the paper provides background on common concerns surrounding BIM and draws on the experiences of Revit users to evaluate these “BIM fallacies”.
Transitioning to BIM (349k)
Ready to Implement BIM?
Learn about BIM best practices and key success factors.
BIM for Sustainable Design (609k)
BIM facilitates complex processes and analyses that were previously too laborious or expensive to perform. This white paper details how Autodesk’s purpose-built BIM solutions support key aspects of sustainable design and “green” certification.
BIM’s Return on Investment (207k)
Does building information modeling (BIM) sound too good to be true? Read the white paper to learn how to calculate your ROI (return on investment) and see how your business can benefit from implementing BIM.
Good Samaritan Hospital Expansion
Washington’s first LEED® Silver certified hospital meets fast-track milestones with Autodesk BIM solutions.
> Read More
Global design firm HOK, a leader in adopting building information modeling, uses Autodesk BIM software to design greener buildings and reduce change requests.
> Read More
The Haskell Company
Read how the Haskell Company boosted multidisciplinary productivity using the Autodesk® Revit® building information modeling platform and Autodesk® Consulting.
> Read More
- Workflow Consulting
- BIM Implementations
- Project Quick Starts
- Standards & Content Creation