The theme of this year’s FM:Systems User Conference held in Orlando, Florida this past June was Building Insights. Throughout the week, both users and providers alike shared their experiences using the software to achieve valuable insights and brainstormed ideas to solve new challenges. We had a great time meeting with users and hearing their stories, challenges, and solutions to common issues. We also learned about the upcoming new features for FM:Interact!
One of the issues frequently mentioned during the conference is the challenge of keeping up with drawing changes as spaces are updated and moved. There are many different approaches to managing drawing updates and also different software solutions you can use to help manage these changes. Regardless of the software, developing a standard process for managing data handoffs and communication is an essential first step.
One solution is Bluebeam Revu. Revu is a great product to use during the construction phase since many different AEC team members can markup drawings while they are in a PDF format. In this case, all of the necessary team members can be notified of changes without needing access to AutoCAD. This allows team members to develop a standard flow of data throughout the entire drawing update process. Contact us to learn more about Revu and how it can help your team, or download a free trial now.
FM: Interact New Features
During the conference, we also got a sneak peek of some of the upcoming new features for FM:Interact. Keeping with the theme of Building Insights, the FM: Systems team shared new features that will help users identify even more insights, including:
- Users will have the ability to sort and filter work orders directly from the mobile app interface. For example, you can sort by Status, Priority or Type of service request.
- The New Service Request form will be improved to make it easier to add data from drop-down fields and free text descriptions. Users will also be able to take new photos or attach photos directly from the app.
- When working in the app offline, users will be able to see that they are in an offline status. Once they are connected back to WIFI, users can sync back to the database without losing any data.
- Users will be able to interact with data visualizations in their dashboards and edit parameters. For example, you can change the timeframe of a bar chart showing a work order summary from the current month to the current quarter directly in the dashboard.
Improved Grid View
- The grid view design will be updated to improve usability and color coding.
If you attended this year’s FM:Systems User Conference, let us know what you enjoyed most in the comments below. As for us, we’re already looking forward to next year’s event and hope to see you there!
Get Bluebeam Revu Today!
Skip the paper drawings and go digital with Bluebeam Revu. Revu delivers award-winning PDF creation, editing, markup and collaboration technology that will help you streamline workflow processes and increase productivity. Contact us today to request a quote.