Jul 07, 2014
Keynote: Steve Jones, Senior Director, McGraw Hill Construction
During this Executive Briefing series, you will hear from Steve Jones, who directs McGraw-Hill’s BIM research and authors the SmartMarket Report series on BIM. Steve will present their most recent BIM research and share his perspective on how this growing trend will impact the AEC industry. We’ll then facilitate a panel discussion featuring leading local firms in the AECO building ecosystem who are using BIM, and highlight how BIM technology and processes enable collaboration and decision making for the entire team.
Confirmed panelists include:
Baltimore, MD - Tuesday, July 22, 8am >> Register here
- Grimm + Parker Architects: John Hill, AIA, LEED AP, CEO
- Hope Furrer: Melissa Harmon PE, LEED AP BD+C, Associate Principal
- JMT: Ian Innes Senior Associate
- Forrester Construction: David Stone, Director of Virtual Construction
Arlington, VA - Wednesday, July 23, 8am >> Register here
- US Army Corps of Engineers: Scott Wick, AIA, LEED AP, PMP, Chief Architect
- ExpFederal: Rob Smedley, AIA, Director
- GHT: Paul O'Brien, President
- Coakley & Williams Construction: Lynn Bennett LEED AP BD+C, DBIA, Vice President
Richmond, VA - Thursday, July 24, 8am >> Register here
- Virginia Community College System: Ed Gillikin AIA, VCCO, LEED AP BD+C, Architect for the Colleges & Deputy Chief Facilities Officer
- Dunbar Milby Williams Pittman & Vaughan: Greg Ellen PE, SECB, Vice President
- Hourigan Construction: Michael Henley, Virtual Construction Coordinator
- Atlantic Constructors: Gerald Pierce, VDC Manager
- Moseley Architects: James McCalla, AIA, REFP, Vice President, Director of Operations, CFO
There is no cost to attend, and breakfast will be provided. Attendees will receive 3 CEUs.
When McGraw-Hill Construction first began to track BIM adoption in 2007, only 28% of companies used BIM. By 2009, that figure had grown to 49%, and in 2012, 71% of the firms surveyed report using BIM. Today, BIM has emerging standards and proven practices, and an increasingly skilled user base incorporating its functionality into daily workflows. BIM also drives innovation by expanding its uses into new tasks and integrating its data into many other vital technology tools.
Download the SmartMarket Reports we'll be discussing:
About the Speaker:
At McGraw-Hill, Steve Jones focuses on how emerging technologies are transforming the construction industry. In addition to over 100 speaking engagements globally and numerous articles in industry publications, he authors McGraw-Hill's SmartMarket Reports on technology, distributed to millions of readers worldwide and frequently cited as authoritative references. Steve also hosts the ENR FutureTechevents that address how advanced technologies are shaping the future of our industry.
Steve is an active leader in many industry initiatives including the BuildingSMART Alliance, the BIMForum, Construction Users Roundtable, Alliance for Construction Excellence and the TC Chan Center for Building Simulation and Energy Studies, and has been a judge for the AIA BIM Awards.
Before joining McGraw-Hill, Steve was Vice President of Primavera Systems (now part of Oracle), the global leader in project management software. Prior to that, Steve spent 19 years in creative and management roles with top design firms, most recently as a Principal and Board of Directors member with Burt Hill, one of the largest A/E firms in the US (now merged with Stantec).Steve holds an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and a BA from The Johns Hopkins University.