CADD MicrosystemsJanuary 3rd, 2018
For single-user installations, the Autodesk Desktop App represents the easiest way to install the latest version of your Autodesk software. Be sure to check out our recent post Downloading and Installing Software with the Autodesk Desktop App if you're unfamiliar with that process. Despite being the easiest way to install your software, the Autodesk Desktop App installs the latest version of your software (2018 at the time of writing).
When subscribing to Autodesk software such as AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, or even collections such as the AEC Industry Collection, you're able to run the current version of your software (2018) plus the previous three releases (2017-2015 currently). Unlike the Autodesk Desktop App whose exclusive focus is the current version, the Autodesk Account site provides a download, installation, and activation path for all four versions available to you (2018-2015).
Upon visiting the Autodesk Account site, you have several options for the way your software is downloaded and installed. Although full downloads of the software are available, the Install Now choice represents the easiest way not just to download, but also install and activate your software. The key benefit I see in this method is that last part - activation.
When choosing the Install Now option from the Autodesk Account website, your software is simply installed. There's no need to track down serial numbers, product keys, or navigate the litany of issues many customers encounter when activating their software. Be sure to watch the video above to see a demonstration of the entire process.
Complete the following steps to download, install, and activate your Autodesk software with Autodesk Account:
- Navigate to http://accounts.autodesk.com from your web browser of choice. The Autodesk Account sign in page opens.
- Enter your email address (or Autodesk ID) into the Email field, then click Next. The password page opens, displaying the avatar associated with your account.
- Enter the password associated with your account, then click Sign In. If you're not sure what your password is, the Forgot? link above the Password field will guide you through the process of resetting it. The Autodesk Account site loads to display the products and services associated with your account. Depending on the size of your portfolio, the Products & Services page may take a moment to load.
- Locate the product you wish to install from the list of available products and services. Users with many products available to them may prefer using the search functionality located at the top-right of the Autodesk Account site to find their desired product.
- Select the Downloads button to the right of the application you wish to install. A window for the application you selected opens to a Downloads tab.
- Pick the Versions drop-down menu to select a previous version of the software.
- Choose Install Now to begin the installation process of your selected software and software version. The License and Services Agreement displays.
- Select I Accept and then Install after reviewing the License and Services Agreement. The installer for your software downloads to your computer.
- Double-click on the installer to begin the installation process. The Autodesk Install Now dialog opens and starts downloading your software.
- Choose Yes if the User Account Control dialog opens based on your current security settings. Once complete, the install dialog for your selected application opens.
- Select Install from the software installation dialog (AutoCAD 2017 in the video demonstration). The Configure Installation page opens.
- Pick the disclosure triangle located beneath the name of your selected product (Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 in the video demonstration). A list of configuration options for the chosen application displays.
- Customize the installation of your software by using the checkboxes next to each sub-component. Pick the disclosure triangle to collapse the configuration options for your application.
- Choose Install at the bottom of the Configure Installation window to continue the installation process. The installer begins writing files to disk, completing the installation.
- A confirmation reading You Have Successfully Installed The Selected Products displays after the installation process ends. Choose Finish to close the installation dialog. At this point, your software is fully installed, and you can launch it for the first time.
- Select the application shortcut for your software from either the Desktop or Start Menu. The splash screen of the selected application displays as the software starts for the first time.
- Review the Autodesk Privacy Statement from the Autodesk Licensing dialog when it opens, and choose I Agree to activate your software. The Autodesk Licensing dialog box verifies your license and closes once the activation process is complete.