Bluebeam® Revu® 2018.6 was just released on July 24, 2019. The latest version of Revu was a maintenance release that addressed the following issues:
- Error message was not displayed when attempting to use the Revu full installation package instead of the patch installation package.
- Updating to a newer version of Revu using the patching installation package would hang or take longer than expected in some circumstances.
- Changing profiles resulted in removing tools from “My Tools” tool set.
- An object reference exception error was intermittently displayed when closing Revu.
- Multiple pop-up messages displayed when using the Bluebeam PDF printer if the BBprint.log was deleted while the BBprint.exe was stilling running.
- A “Signature Invalid, Document Altered” message displayed when signing documents using IdenTrust Global Common (IGC) certificate.
- Compatibility issues with some smart card readers caused digital signatures to fail to complete.
- Compatibility issues with digital certificates intended for signing and securing emails with S/MIME encryption.
- Error displayed when applying third-party digital signatures with custom appearances containing a graphic file.
- Already rendered content would flicker when starting to draw a markup, then panning the document to a new region of the page and adjusting the markup shape before it’s placed (via small mouse movements and mouse clicks).
- Using tab button to commit rotation change for some markup tools caused Revu to crash.
- Switching or closing the Properties panel before committing change to property value caused Revu to crash.
- An increase in memory consumption could slow down Revu in specific scenarios when closing a document, un-splitting or switching views, or when leaving Revu open for an extended period.
- Adding count measurements to a document in a Studio Session and then undoing the count and clicking “leave session” caused Revu to freeze.
- Using “close all” tabs function caused Revu to intermittently crash.
- Inserting pages with hyperlinks prevented some documents from being reopened or used for other processes.
You can find a list of all the updates made from the Bluebeam Revu 2018 releases at https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/release-notes-bluebeam-revu/.
If you were having any of these issues, make sure you download the new 2018.6 version at https://support.bluebeam.com/updates/. You will want to make sure your product download matches the details on your license certificate. If it does not, your serial number and product key will not unlock the software.
Studio® users should check in all project files and ensure pending session items have uploaded to avoid potential data conflicts between versions.
Reach out to the Bluebeam Team at CADD Microsystems if you have any questions about this latest update.
“Bluebeam®, Revu® and Studio® are registered trademarks of Bluebeam, Inc., used under license.”