Introduced with the 2017 product release, the Autodesk Desktop App provides a single place to install and manage your Autodesk software installations. In addition to providing a streamlined method to install the latest version of your software, the Desktop App also provides access to updates, new releases, and security patches for versions 2015 and later. The purpose of this post is to outline how to use the Desktop App to install and activate a single-user subscription to your Autodesk software.
Using the Autodesk Desktop App comes with the bonus of forgoing the need to track down and locate the serial number and product key for your software. Just find the software you would like to install from the list of available applications, and click Install. The Desktop App will take care of the rest. You can see the entire process in the video below:
Installing with the Autodesk Desktop App
- Open the Autodesk Desktop App from the Windows System Tray (next to the clock). The Autodesk Desktop App opens.
- If you’re not already signed in, choose Sign In > Sign In from the upper-right corner of the interface. The Sign In dialog box opens.
- Enter your email address or Autodesk ID, and choose Next.
- Enter the password associated with your Autodesk account, and choose Sign In. The Sign In menu in the upper-right corner of the interface updates to display your name.
- Choose My Products from the menu along the left-side of the interface to display a list of applications assigned to your account.
- Locate the application you would like to install (AutoCAD in the video) and select the I Agree To The Terms And Conditions checkbox. The Install button for the selected application is enabled.
- Select the Install button for your software. The Autodesk Desktop App begins the process of both downloading and installing your software.
- Depending on Windows configuration, a User Account Control dialog may open shortly after choosing Install. If displayed, choose Yes to proceed with the installation. The selected installation proceeds and an overall status of the install displays.
- The status bar is replaced by a green Launch button once the installation is complete. Once displayed, choose Launch to run your software for the very first time.
As part of the download and installation process facilitated by the Autodesk Desktop App, the selected software is fully activated. Because of this, there is no need to locate or input a serial number or product key when installing software with the Autodesk Desktop App.
The Autodesk Desktop App installs with Autodesk software for 2017 and newer versions. Additionally, the latest version of the Autodesk Desktop Application is available for download from the Autodesk Website.