Jason KunkelOctober 21st, 2013
As you can no doubt imagine, most of the calls to our CADD Care Certified Helpdesk revolve around software installation. I have a few great tips regarding installation:
Installation BasicsCourtesy of Up & Ready
Below is a general Autodesk Product installation workflow:
- Login as an Administrator.
- Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter.Note: If your product installation fails and you decide to open a Support Request with CADD/Autodesk Support, we would need to review install logs created in your TEMP folder during this product installation attempt.
- Disable your Antivirus software.
- Disable UAC: Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Install your product locally on your system from the installation media or browser download from Autodesk website.