As you can no doubt imagine, most of the calls to our CADD Care Certified Helpdesk revolve around software installation. I have a few great tips regarding installation:
Courtesy of Up & Ready
Below is a general Autodesk Product installation workflow:
- Login as an Administrator.
- Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter.Note: If your product installation fails and you decide to open a Support Request with CADD/Autodesk Support, we would need to review install logs created in your TEMP folder during this product installation attempt.
- Disable your Antivirus software.
- Disable UAC: Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Install your product locally on your system from the installation media or browser download from Autodesk website.
Here at CADD we still recommend the browser download option. Sure, it may take a little longer to download and extract, but it’s a lot better than finding out not all of your files downloaded when you go to install! For more on the types of download available please see this blog post from Autodesk Support: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html