We talked earlier about how to do the big audits and review to keep your model healthy. But what about the little things that can make a big difference? Some of the things I like to do on Mondays (wink wink) or Fridays depending on how my week pans out are the following:
- Review links. Confirm these are pulling from the correct folders and not “My Documents” or a “Desktop”
- Review families! Anything named Family 1/My Family/New Family confirm is
- Family is actually in the model.
- How many instances are there?
- Rename it to something that makes sense.
- If it is not there purge it out!
- Do you have ??? in your browser? Take a peek and get those views to their rightful spot!
- Check the number of groups make sure none have an instance of 1. If there is only once instance it does not need to be a group.
- Check Filter and View Template naming conventions
- Use worksharing view to verify objects are on the correct worksets.
- Verify elements are that need to be pinned are pinned, this should include levels and grids.
- Compact the model
Hopefully these help keep your models speedy!