Revu 2018.5 was just released this month! The latest version of Revu focuses on fixing important issues users were experiencing while the application was left in an idle state. Below is a list of issues that have been resolved with 2018.5.
The new release addresses:
• An issue where documents that remained open for an extended amount of time caused the document content to go blank or disappear and intermittently caused Revu to freeze.
• An issue where panning and zooming before the rendering completed in a document containing large images caused Revu to crash.
• An issue where some documents had content accuracy issues when using the Skia rendering engine.
• An issue where deleting multiple thumbnails in a document with broken hyperlinks would cause Revu to crash with an error.
• An issue where using the Save As function with the thumbnails panel open would sometimes cause Revu to freeze.
• An issue where updating the status of a lot of markups caused Studio Sessions to freeze.
• An issue in Studio Sessions where the Critical Operation dialog never completed and Revu needed to be restarted.
If you were having any of these issues, make sure you download the new 2018.5 version at https://support.bluebeam.com/updates/. You will want to make sure your product download matches the details on your license certificate. If it does not, your serial number and product key will not unlock the software.
Studio users should check in all project files and ensure pending session items have uploaded to avoid potential data conflicts between versions.
Reach out to the Bluebeam Team at CADD Microsystems if you have any questions about this latest update.