It’s time to rollout the new Autodesk® Products and with it comes some update hardware requirements. If you are using Autodesk® AutoCAD® or any of its vertical products like Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture you’ll have three operating system options when you upgrade. The following products will be supported on Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP SP2 or later.
- Autodesk® AutoCAD®
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® MEP
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D
If you are using any of the more robust non-AutoCAD based programs such as:
- Autodesk® Revit (Architecture, MEP, Structure)
- Autodesk® Navisworks
- Autodesk® 3ds Max / 3ds Max Design
- Autodesk® Infraworks (formerly Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler)
You will now be limited to just the Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems. Installation is no longer supported and in fact the installation media won’t even run on an XP machine! We hope this information helps you as look forward to upgrading you software. We will have our hardware recommendation posted soon so check back for that if you’ve had your eye on a new workstation!