This blog highlights new content recently added to CADD Community. The CADD Community is our online portal, powered by Global eTraining and loaded with on-demand training, apps, model/design content and whitepapers, built to help our clients use their Autodesk software more efficiently. Members of the CADD Community can download these new tools now!
It’s a new year and we’ve made some exciting updates to the collection of CADD add-ins for Revit.
Better control of the index
The CADD Toolbox for Revit was updated to make it easier for you to customize what tools you see, and share those settings with users at your firm. The Toolbox now supports Excel files to read for indexes, and lets you hide individual groups of CADD-provided tools (although why you would want to, I don’t know.) That means that if you don’t want your users seeing the collection of CADD Revit families, you can turn that off and only show your Revit families.
A highlight of the Toolbox is the dozens of utilities that make using Revit easier and faster. As always, these “apps within an app” are immediately available to all Toolbox users as soon as we release them. No need to download or install new software.
We recently rolled out a handful of new useful Utilities (listed below), that are sitting and waiting in the Toolbox. All of them are available for Revit 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- Parameter Push – Copy the value of a Type or Instance parameter from the elements placed in your model to a different Instance parameter in the same elements.
- Family Export – Save RFAs out of your Revit project quickly and easily. Select the categories you want and the target folder and this tool will save the family files.
- Rooms to Areas – Automatically create Areas from already placed Rooms in your Revit model based on the Area Plan’s level and phase.
- Rooms to Views – Select from a list of Rooms in your model, then automatically create a Plan and/or RCP with a View Template assigned that is cropped down to that Room.
- Door Number From Room Number – Batch update your Door Numbers from either the To Room or From Room data associated with it (and then it will try the other room if it cannot find that first one.)
And the rest…
And don’t forget the other great Revit add-ins available to CADD Community users:
FilterPLUS – Immediately makes the Filter tool smarter and more effective and makes you scratch your head and wonder “why isn’t it already like this?”
WarningsPLUS – Adds a more robust Warnings dialog box with sorting, filtering, and easy exporting. Makes it easier to focus on the warnings you need to pay attention to.
Dashboard – A web browser to display project or team information within the Revit interface.
CADD Community members can download these assets now: CADD Applications – CADD Add-ins for Revit.
Not a CADD Community member? Contact us here to get started.