On the third day of CADD Care, the CADD team gave to me… an easy way to plan for a hybrid work environment!
Did you know that there is a “simple” approach to moving to a hybrid work environment?
It has been an interesting two years for the corporate real estate industry. A gift for the holidays is to ease the headache of strategizing for a hybrid workplace. If you follow these steps below, you will be on your way to more efficient office space, a satisfied workforce, and the happiest of holidays!
- Define “Hybrid” for Employees
- Understand which job functionalities need to remain onsite full-time
- Determine how many days a week an employee will be in the office to be considered full-time vs. hybrid
- Collaborate with Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, and Security departments to help shape this definition for your organization!
- Define “Hybrid” for Real Estate
- Review your current portfolio and determine which offices need to remain under your lease or ownership.
- Once determined which space will remain, can that space become a hybrid environment?
- What accommodations are necessary to become an actual hybrid environment?
- Unassigned seating
- IT equipment
- Software applications
- Change Management is critical!
- Stakeholders openly collaborating on workplace issues
- The open flow of communication and information
- Transparency on workplace-related decisions and changes
We hope you find these tips helpful. You can always reach out to our FM team here if you have additional questions.
Check back next week to see what the CADD team has in store for all Twelve Days of CADD Care.