Forget the eggnog and tinsel – the best part of the holidays is the Twelve Days of CADD Care! On the second day of CADD Care, my CADD Team gave to me… an update to the Autodesk Account. User management is now more convenient than ever to use!
You can now assign a new user directly to a product, without having to add the user first. This saves a big step, and when paired with the bulk upload feature with a CSV, you can save a ton of time – especially with bigger contracts. If you’re just switching to the Named User model, this will definitely be a tip you want to heed!
Here are some written instructions but you can also follow along with the video (below).
Let’s get started:
You need to be an admin to be able to do this, so make sure you have the right credentials.
- Login at https://manage.autodesk.com/
- In the left sidebar, find User Management
- Select the software you’re adding users to (For Example: Architecture, Engineering, & Construction Collection)
- Select the Assign Users button
- Enter in the user’s info with the following format: FirstName LastName <Email>
- If you have a CSV of your users ready to go, just select the Import to Assign tab
- Your CSV should follow this format:
Thanks for watching everyone. If you need assistance or have any questions, feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays,
Your Friendly Neighborhood CADD Care Team
View previous posts in the Twelve Days of CADD Care blog series:
Check back tomorrow and the rest of this week to see what the CADD team has in store for all Twelve Days of CADD Care.