On the seventh day of CADD Care, my CADD Team gave to me… even more great tools in the Revit Toolbox!
The Revit Toolbox is a one-stop-shop for our CADD Community members to access all the great Revit content like videos, Dynamo scripts, and families. But the shiniest tools are the Toolbox Utilities – purpose-written software that helps speed up your Revit workflow.
Over the last year, we have GREATLY increased the number of utilities, and if you are using the Toolbox, they are available to you as soon as we publish them: nothing new to install, nothing new to hunt down, they just show up the next time you open Revit.
Here are the tools we’ve added JUST THIS YEAR:
- Set Project Units to Imperial – Start a project with the wrong template? No problem! Set Project Units to Imperial will overwrite all the project units to the default imperial setting.
- Set Project Units to Metric – Similar to the above. If you started a project with the wrong template, the Set Project Units to Metric will overwrite all the project units to the default metric setting.
- Export Linestyles – Export Linestyles is intended for quick review. Running this utility generates a CSV text file that lists the linestyles and settings in the active document.
- Batch Workset Creator – Create a batch of worksets at once from a simple list of workset names in a text file.
- Backup Delete – With the new Backup Delete utility, you can now quickly delete all standalone project and family backup files – the .0001 and .0002 files – from a folder and its subfolders.
- Batch Family File Upgrader – The Batch Family File Upgrader is set up to let you update a folder and subfolders of Revit family files to the active version. It also lets you add a prefix and/or suffix to the RFA files to help distinguish between the old and the new files.
- Batch Family Preview Updater – This utility helps clean up your library by creating a new 3D view with consistent graphics over a folder of families to set as the preview image for a tidy group of thumbnails in Windows Explorer.
- Family Parameter Manager – Need to add, edit, or remove a slew of parameters to a slew of RFA files? The Family Parameter Manager can make your job easier.
- Sample Text View – You can now review and update Revit projects with ease! The Sample Text View helps you to create a drafting view with a sample of every note style in the project.
- Sample Linear Dimension Views – Save time and easily update Revit projects! With the Sample Linear Dimension Views, you can create a drafting view with a sample of every linear dim style in the project.
- Remove Unused View Templates – Running this Utility in a Revit file will quickly purge out any View Template that is not being used.
- Remove View Reference Text – Tired of seeing SIM in all your callouts? With one click, this Utility will remove the View Reference text from all the View Types in your active model.
- View Info Export Tool – Export an Excel report of view, view templates, view types, views on sheets, and view filters for easy review and reference. Just run it with an open Revit project file, then tell the utility where you want to save the Excel file. That’s it!
- Pin Cushion – We’ve consolidated our original Pin utilities into a single easier to use interface and added a handful more Revit elements to easily pin with the click of a single button.
- View the full list of CADD Toolbox Utilities here.
CADD Community members can download this asset now: CADD Applications – CADD Add-ins for Revit.
Not a CADD Community member? Contact us here to get started.
View previous posts in the Twelve Days of CADD Care blog series:
Check back tomorrow and the rest of this week to see what the CADD team has in store for all Twelve Days of CADD Care.